Medication training for care providers - individual user
Francesca is an independent pharmacist consultant and owner of Aaen Care which delivers medicines and healthcare related training, consultancy and advice to both private and public sector providers of health and social care services across the UK. She writes articles and resources for national and international training providers and provides advice and mentoring to the pharmaceutical industry. Francesca has an MSc in Psychiatric Pharmacy Practice. She is an independent prescriber and runs polypharmacy clinics in care homes on a sessional basis.
Francesca has broad experience in working in pharmacy services across the NHS and in community pharmacy as well as teaching in non-medical prescribing and MSc courses and speaking and chairing at learning events. She has a particular interest in improving dementia care and reducing inappropriate prescribing in older people. She was an associate of the Dementia Services Development Centre, University of Stirling and, as Care Homes Lead Pharmacist in NHS Lanarkshire, was winner of Innovation and Change in Pharmacy Practice Award at the Scottish Pharmacist Awards 2016 for the development of an innovative pharmacist prescriber service for care homes.
Unlimited access to the following online medication training videos and accompanying resources:
- Medicines supply, ordering process and responsibilities
- Safe storage, disposal and returns of medication
- Principles of safe medicines administration, accurate preparation and measuring of medicines
- Accurate recording of medicines administration
- ‘As required’ medication
- Controlled drugs
- Topical administration of medicines
- Medicines audits and improvement methodology
- Understanding medicines and where you can find information about medicines
- Managing and reporting medicines administration errors
Please note this significantly discounted package does NOT include twice monthly group calls referred to in the information video.